1. Evolve Beauty Academy signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2.The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $13552
3. The total amount of emergency financial aid grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of this Fund Report is $13552
4. The estimated total number of students at Evolve Beauty Academy who are or could be eligible to participate in the Federal student financial aid programs under Section 484 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, and thus are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 13.
5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 12
6. The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
For the initial awarding of HEERF funding, Evolve Beauty Academy determined eligible students must meet the following criteria:
Eligible for Title IV funding
Must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress
Enrolled in an eligible program
In attendance at any time between March 13, 2020 and June 1, 2020
Award amounts range from $700-$2000.
Determination of award: Emergency Financial Aid grant notifications and applications were distributed to all students enrolled in programs who could potentially be eligible for a grant. Each student who indicated they were effected by the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus on their application were asked to indicate the situations (areas of need) that they are financially responsible for. The school established the following potential areas of need.
Hours left to compete school
Expenses related to course materials to attend school
Paying for technologies associated with attending online classes
Amount of Dependants
If a student was effected by the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus and deemed eligible, per the eligibility requirements, they were awarded the amount designated per situation (area of need) they indicted they were responsible for. The amount designated per situation (area of need) was based on the number of eligible applications received and the cumulative number of situations (areas of need) students indicated they are responsible for. The total available grant was divided by the cumulative number of situations (areas of need) for all students to determine the per situation (area of need) amount, thus utilizing the full grant.
Evolve Beauty Academy sent notice to all eligible students explaining the purpose of the Emergency Financial Aid Grants and students were informed of the eligibility requirements and the expenses that the funds may be used for. Eligible expenses these funds may be used for; expenses under a students’ cost of attendance such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care and childcare.